Thursday, July 5, 2012

Flying in the West Coast

I had an incredible weekend in the West Coast at a class friend's house. The country was beautiful. They had views of the alps and were right by Lake Brunner which was also spectacular. Between my friend and her parents, there were 5 dogs and a cat, so naturally I enjoyed myself. 

Her dad learned to fly last Christmas and took us up in his private plane. This was the first time I had ever done this, but it was so fun! They even flew me back to Christchurch when the weekend came to an end. 






Looking out the front of her house at the plane hanger and air strip. 


Lake Brunner.


Her 4-month-old puppy, Enzo. So cute!




The views from the plane were incredible. It was impossible to take a bad picture!

The day I got back from my weekend trip, Nicole and I left for 3 more nights in Nelson, on the upper most part of the South Island. We had a great time staying with her Aunt, Uncle, and adorable 5-year-old cousin. I've had a great time this break spending time in new places and meeting great people. Thank you New Zealand!

No comments:

Post a Comment